Education Visits Co-ordinator Revalidation and Update (EVC Update)
To build on and increase participants knowledge and understanding of:
• How high quality LOTC experiences can support, enrich and extend teaching and learning.
• The legal framework, policies, procedures and guidance relating to the effective management and delivery of LOTC experiences, including day, residential, adventurous and overseas activities.
• The roles, responsibilities, competence and confidence required of everyone involved in the planning, management and delivery of LOTC experiences.
• The commissioning and managing of the relationship between school and an LOTC Provider.
• The appropriate management of risk via risk/ benefit analysis and a simple risk assessment process.
• The importance of informed parental consent; medical information and First Aid provision; inclusion and equal opportunities considerations when planning LOTC experiences.
• The role of the EVOLVE system in planning, managing, authorising and evaluating LOTC experiences.