We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law. This Policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of our site.
Wiltshire Council is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. Full details of the registration are available at ICO Register of Data Controllers
Data Controller Contact Details
We can be contacted by phone, in person, or in writing
Data Protection Officer
Our DPO may be contacted as above or online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of processing
We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
· Providing and managing your access to our site
· Providing and managing your account
· Communicating information, updates and guidance
· Responding to communications from you
· Providing information on statutory and other services
· Promoting and supplying our services and training to you
· Maintaining a record of your training undertaken
· Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site
· Carrying out surveys
· Analysing your use of our site
· Maintaining a record of Governors
Legal basis for processing
Our processing shall be lawful because at least one of the following will apply:
(a) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Council is subject;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
Recipients or categories of recipients
Where necessary and lawful, or when required by legal obligation, we may share information with relevant teams within Wiltshire Council or with external partners and agencies involved in delivering services on our behalf, such as:
· External tutors
· Training venues
Wiltshire Council will process your personal data for the above purposes for no longer than necessary. Full details of our retention schedule may be found at: Freedom of Information - Wiltshire Council
Your rights are set out in in Articles 13 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and include:
· The right to access your personal information, to request rectification or erasure of certain personal information and to object to processing in certain circumstances.
· The right to withdraw any consent you may have given to process your personal information.
· The right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel we are processing your personal information unlawfully.
· The right to restrict processing activity in certain circumstances.
· The right to object to certain types of processing activity