An integrated approach to the planning and management of LOTC, together with frequent and progressive provision has enabled many schools to raise standards, improve attainment for all children and demonstrate excellence across all four pillars of the Ofsted inspection framework. An effective Education Visits Coordinator (EVC) is a crucial part of this management; providing the first point of contact for advice and guidance for teachers as they plan and deliver educational visits and off-site activities and; helping the school fulfil its Health and Safety obligations by ensuring that appropriate systems for the oversight and management of educational visits are in place.
This nationally recognised course, follows a syllabus developed by the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel (OEAP) and is designed to provide EVCs in all schools with the necessary skills, knowledge, confidence and competence to manage their off-site visits programme effectively.
Participants will receive a certificate qualifying them as an Accredited Education Visits Coordinator.
Learning objectives To increase participants knowledge and understanding of:
- How high quality LOTC experiences can support, enrich and extend teaching and learning.
- The legal framework, policies, procedures and guidance relating to the effective management and delivery of LOTC experiences, including day, residential, adventurous and overseas activities.
- The roles, responsibilities, competence and confidence required of everyone involved in the planning, management and delivery of LOTC experiences.
- The commissioning and managing of the relationship between school and an LOTC Provider.
- The appropriate management of risk via risk/ benefit analysis and a simple risk assessment process.
- The importance of informed parental consent; medical information and First Aid provision; inclusion and equal opportunities considerations when planning LOTC experiences.
- The role of the EVOLVE system in planning, managing, authorising and evaluating LOTC experiences.
Participants will receive a certificate qualifying them as an OEAP Accredited Education Visits Coordinator.
Headteachers, Education Visits Co-ordinators