An integrated approach to the planning and management of LOTC, together with frequent and progressive provision can enable schools to develop excellence across the new Ofsted inspection framework including;
An effective Education Visits Coordinator (EVC) is a crucial part of this success; providing the first point of contact for advice and guidance for teachers as they plan and deliver educational visits and off-site activities and; helping the school fulfil its Health and Safety obligations by ensuring that appropriate systems for the oversight and management of educational visits are in place. This nationally recognised course, follows a syllabus developed by the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel (OEAP) and is designed to provide EVCs in all schools with the necessary skills, knowledge, confidence and competence to manage their off-site visits programme effectively. Participants will receive a certificate qualifying them as an OEAP Accredited Education Visits Coordinator.
- using high quality teaching to deliver learning experiences that have impact,
- raise attainment and progress for all children through innovative curriculum design and delivery
- improve behaviours and attitudes to learning through engaging content
- provide opportunities for personal development
- demonstrate excellence in the leadership, management and governance of your school
Learning objectives To increase participants knowledge and understanding of:
- How high quality LOTC experiences can support, enrich and extend teaching and learning.
- The legal framework, policies, procedures and guidance relating to the effective management and delivery of LOTC experiences, including day, residential, adventurous and overseas activities.
- The roles, responsibilities, competence and confidence required of everyone involved in the planning, management and delivery of LOTC experiences.
- The commissioning and managing of the relationship between school and an LOTC Provider.
- The appropriate management of risk via risk/ benefit analysis and a simple risk assessment process.
- The importance of informed parental consent; medical information and First Aid provision; inclusion and equal opportunities considerations when planning LOTC experiences.
- The role of the EVOLVE system in planning, managing, authorising and evaluating LOTC experiences.
Participants will receive a certificate qualifying them as an OEAP Accredited Education Visits Coordinator.
Headteachers, Education Visits Co-ordinators